The Drake House provides short-term crisis housing, education and empowerment programs for homeless single mothers and their children in North Metro Atlanta, designed to provide stability for the children and assist the family in working toward self-sufficiency.
The Drake House envisions a community where school buses do not stop at weekly rental motels – where every family has the opportunity to recover quickly and with dignity from their homeless situation.
Our program allows the children to remain stable in their current public school though the federal McKinny-Vento Act.
Our Goals for Our Families:
- Be included in North Fulton community life
- Enjoy a stabilized, improved quality of life
- Make increasingly responsible choices
- Exert greater control over their life circumstances
- Develop and exercise their competencies and talents
- Experience personal security and self-respect