Our Community Partnerships
Neighbor to Neighbor Partners
- Groups participating in this program take “ownership” of an apartment by painting and furnishing it, and providing that homey touch. A plaque denoting this sponsorship is placed near the doorway to the apartment.
- Volunteers are identified within the group to serve as mom and child advocates for the family, working one on one with the mother and the children to support, and encourage the family during their stay. These volunteers will be screened and participate in an advocate training session conducted by Drake House staff.
- While in residence the sponsor team may assist with gathering items the family may need. Sponsoring the family for Christmas is a favored duty of the sponsoring team.
- During the family’s transition the group assists the family with move out which may include gathering used furniture and household items for the family’s new home. The group then readies the apartment for the next Drake House family.
- Sponsorship also includes providing a monthly financial commitment to assist with utility costs, insurance, maintenance and other costs associated with the apartment.
Our Current Neighbor to Neighbor Partners are:
- Alpharetta First United Methodist Church
- Alpharetta Presbyterian Church
- American Honda Finance Corporation
- First Baptist Church of Roswell
- Northbrook United Methodist Church
- North River Baptist Church
- Northview Church of Christ
- Roswell Presbyterian Church
- Roswell United Methodist Church
- St. David’s Episcopal Church
- St. James United Methodist Church
- St. Thomas Aquinas Catholic Church
- Temple Kehillat Chaim
- Zion Missionary Baptist Church
Employment Partnerships are relationships between potential employers and the career division of The Drake House. Our career coach links talent with open positions.
Direct Report managers, Hiring managers, Recruiters, Sole Proprietors and Human Resource Representatives that recruit for full and part time positions are the key partners to our program. To begin the enrollment process, complete the Employment Partnership Interest Form. For more information on helping with our career program contact our Career Coach, Kathryn Woerner.