The need is powerful. In 2017, more than 800 mothers and 1,600 children turned to us for a stable home environment.
Each year more than 700 volunteers commit more than 12,000 service hours to The Drake House.
Supporting families in your own community.
We are fortunate to have volunteers supplement the efforts of the professional staff.
Our staff and Board of Directors extend our sincerest thanks for all the hard work these volunteers do!
We are always looking for more people to join our family of volunteers!
GROUPS can complete special projects that maintain a stable trauma-informed living environment for a family experiencing homelessness.
The Drake House and The Drake Closets have a variety of volunteer opportunities, including professional services,
office assistance, mentors, tutors, program speakers, youth group volunteers,
landscaping teams, store cashiers, inventory sorters, fundraisers, marketers, advocates, events volunteers and more!
THE DRAKE CENTER
- Weekday: Office assistance with donation management, data entry, career support, special events, correspondence, food pantry, donations management, and some babysitting.
- After school: Tutoring, enrichment programs (music, art, sports, etc.)
- Ongoing: Grounds maintenance, building maintenance, food pantry, etc.
- Limited: Trained advocates are needed for mothers and children as they move through the program. Advocate training is required. We have a special need for male advocates.
THE DRAKE CLOSET
Our retails stores in Alpharetta, Roswell, and Sandy Springs rely on regular volunteers.
- Weekday: One or more weekly shifts for about 2-3 hours. All three stores are open Tuesdays through Fridays from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Weekend: Saturdays from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Request: Volunteers needed to assist on the sales floor, provide customer service, hang/straighten/organize store merchandise and help with special events.